Metal powder injection molding is a high-tech technology that uses mold injection molding and rapidly manufactures high-density, high-precision, three-dimensional complex-shaped structural parts through sintering. Generally speaking, powder raw materials for MIM should consider three main factors:
(1) Average particle size of powder. Average particle size is an important factor affecting MIM process performance and part performance. The fine powder increases the contact point between the particles, can be sintered at lower sintering temperatures and has a higher sintered density.
(2) Tap density. The size of the tap density reflects the sphericity of the powder shape. Under the condition of the same average particle size, the amount of powder binder with high tap density, that is, good sphericity, can maintain the fluidity of the injection material, and the injection material can enter the mold cavity uniformly, so that the shrinkage rate of the sintered body is reduced. , thereby reducing the size error of the parts.
(3) Low oxygen content. For stainless steel, oxygen forms stable Cr0 on the surface of powder particles. , SiO thin film layer, it is not easy to be removed by reduction in vacuum sintering and hydrogen sintering, which affects sintering densification and mechanical properties of products.17-4PH Stainless Steel Metal Powder is widely used in electronic information engineering, biomedical equipment, office equipment, automobiles, machinery, aerospace, etc.
- Appearance: Grey spherical or nearly spherical powder
- Tapping Density: 4.88g/m3
- Size: -500mesh
- PSD: D10=4.03μm, D50=12.38μm, D90=24.59μm
- High Sphericity& High flowability;
- Low oxygen content. The Oxygen content is 300-800PPM;
- Narrow Particle Size Distribution.
Tapping Density (g/cm³)
Note: Other MIM powders are available upon any customer’s requirements.
Stainless Steel Powder:
- Injection molding(MIM)
- 3D Printing
- Powder metallurgy(PM)
- Spraying coating(SP) etc.
Any questions? Send us message now! We’ll serve your request with a whole team after receiving your message.
How we play a role in the industry
Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) technology works by placing the product in a closed container, filling it with inert gas and sintering or densifying the product at a very high temperature (usually close to the forging temperature of the material) and at a very high pressure (usually 100 – 140 MPa). This allows the product to be sintered or densified.
MIM products can be complex in shape, precise in size, high in strength and produced automatically in large quantities, and can significantly reduce the complexity and cost of traditional metalworking
SLM, also known as Selective Laser Melting, is similar in principle to SLS in that a laser is used to melt and solidify metal powder in a specified area, which is then moulded in a layer-by-layer stack.
Electron beam melting refers to a vacuum melting method in which the kinetic energy of a high speed electron beam stream is converted to heat as a heat source for melting metals under high vacuum. The abbreviation is EBM.
Our Professional Services
For Additive Manufacturing
Thank you for your interest in our products. If you have any enquiry about quotation or cooperation, please feel free to leave us message by using the following enquiry form. Our sales representative will contact you within 24 hours.