Best IN738 powder for 3D printing in 2023
Inconel 738 powder is a remarkable superalloy that boasts exceptional strength, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance. With its unique composition and outstanding mechanical properties, this alloy finds applications in diverse industries, including aerospace, power generation, and industrial manufacturing. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the characteristics, manufacturing process, and wide-ranging applications of Inconel 738 powder.
Share This Product
Understanding Inconel 738 Powder
Properties and Composition
Inconel 738 powder is primarily composed of nickel, chromium, tungsten, and smaller amounts of cobalt, aluminum, and other elements. This alloy’s carefully balanced composition contributes to its extraordinary performance. The high nickel content provides excellent corrosion resistance, while chromium enhances oxidation resistance, making it suitable for high-temperature environments. The addition of tungsten strengthens the alloy and improves its creep resistance at elevated temperatures.
Inconel 718 is a high-strength, corrosion-resistant nickel-chromium material used at -423° to 1300°F. The age-hardenable alloy can be readily fabricated, even into complex parts. Its welding characteristics, especially its resistance to post-weld cracking, are outstanding. Inconel 718 density is 8.71g/cm3 at the room temperature of 300 K. In718 melting temperature is 1430°C, and has properties of good heat resistance and high temperature resistance.
Inconel 718 powder is a nickel-based superalloy, which is very suitable for applications requiring high strength in the temperature range from low temperatures to 1400°F. In718 also has excellent tensile strength and impact strength. Inconel 718 powder has good oxidation and corrosion resistance at temperatures within the useful strength range of the alloy in the atmosphere encountered in the operation of jet engines and gas turbines.
Inconel 718 powder is a precipitation hardening nickel-chromium-iron alloy containing niobium and molybdenum. It has high strength, good toughness and corrosion resistance in high and low-temperature environments below 650°C. Its state can be solid solution treatment or precipitation hardening state.
The production of Inconel 738 powder involves a sophisticated manufacturing process. It typically begins with melting and refining the alloy in a vacuum induction furnace or an electric arc furnace under controlled conditions. The molten alloy is then atomized using gas or water jets, resulting in the formation of fine powder particles. These particles are subsequently screened, classified, and subjected to heat treatment to optimize their microstructure and properties.
Inconel 718 powder price
|Quantity (kg)||price ($/kg)|
inconel 718 powder composition
Inconel 738 powder possesses several key characteristics that make it highly desirable for demanding applications:
- Superior Strength: Inconel 738 powder exhibits exceptional tensile, fatigue, and creep strengths, allowing it to withstand high-stress conditions and prolonged use at elevated temperatures.
- Heat Resistance: The alloy retains its mechanical properties and structural integrity even at extreme temperatures, making it ideal for applications in gas turbine engines, exhaust systems, and heat exchangers.
- Corrosion and Oxidation Resistance: Inconel 738 powder demonstrates excellent resistance to both corrosion and oxidation, making it suitable for environments exposed to corrosive gases, chemicals, and high-temperature atmospheres.
- Wear Resistance: The alloy’s hardness and wear resistance properties make it suitable for applications involving abrasive and erosive conditions, such as turbine blades and vanes.
Applications of Inconel 738 Powder
Inconel 738 powder finds widespread usage across various industries due to its exceptional properties. Some notable applications include:
- Aerospace Industry: Inconel 738 powder is extensively utilized in aircraft engine components, such as turbine blades, combustion chambers, and afterburners. Its high-temperature resistance and excellent mechanical strength make it an ideal material for these critical components.
- Power Generation: The alloy plays a crucial role in the power generation sector, particularly in gas turbines, where it withstands high temperatures and mechanical stresses. Inconel 738 powder is also used in heat exchangers, boilers, and steam generators.
- Industrial Manufacturing: Inconel 738 powder is employed in various industrial applications, including die-casting, extrusion, and hot forging processes. Its ability to withstand extreme temperatures and mechanical loads makes it suitable for these demanding manufacturing processes.
- Chemical Processing: Inconel 738 powder finds use in chemical processing equipment, such as reactors, valves, and piping systems, where corrosion resistance and high-temperature stability are essential.
Inconel 738 powder is a high-performance superalloy that offers exceptional strength, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance. Its unique composition and carefully engineered manufacturing process make it a preferred choice for critical applications in aerospace, power generation, and industrial manufacturing. With its remarkable properties, Inconel 738 powder continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in demanding environments.
Best 18Ni300 Powder for 3D printing
18Ni300 powder is a high-performance alloy composed primarily of nickel…
Our company’s gas atomized AlSiMg powder, good sphericity, low oxygen…
Spherical Titanium Alloy Powder
3D printing titanium alloy powder TiTaNbZr for medical.
17-4PH Stainless Steel Powder
Additive manufacturing (AM), also known as 3D printing. 3D printing…
How we play a role in the industry
Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) technology works by placing the product in a closed container, filling it with inert gas and sintering or densifying the product at a very high temperature (usually close to the forging temperature of the material) and at a very high pressure (usually 100 – 140 MPa). This allows the product to be sintered or densified.
MIM products can be complex in shape, precise in size, high in strength and produced automatically in large quantities, and can significantly reduce the complexity and cost of traditional metalworking
SLM, also known as Selective Laser Melting, is similar in principle to SLS in that a laser is used to melt and solidify metal powder in a specified area, which is then moulded in a layer-by-layer stack.
Electron beam melting refers to a vacuum melting method in which the kinetic energy of a high speed electron beam stream is converted to heat as a heat source for melting metals under high vacuum. The abbreviation is EBM.
Our Professional Services
For Additive Manufacturing
Here we provide more than 40 grades of high-quality powders.
SEBM&PREP technology and equipment.
Perfect supply chain layout
Top sales and quality
High quality products at reasonable prices
Thank you for your interest in our products. If you have any enquiry about quotation or cooperation, please feel free to leave us message by using the following enquiry form. Our sales representative will contact you within 24 hours.